Monday, September 1, 2008

Reading about computer hardware has caused my head to explode!

While I thoroughly enjoyed reading all about computer hardware, at one point, after following numerous links, I did think that my head was going to explode. I found the Wikipedia article on Computer Hardware both informative and frightening. I had never heard the term "firmware" before, so that was useful. I believe that this article was very helpful to me, and to those of use with very limited knowledge about computer components and general mechanics.

It was a bit daunting because I wondered if I would remember all of the detailed info that the article covered. Will I remember that the PCI, USB and CSI are all considered Internal Buses?! Not sure if that's possible. What about the IDE/ATA's and other Storage Controllers...it's unbelievably intimidating. Yet, I remain dedicated to the task of learning all of this...I will not let technology frighten me!!

No comments: